HIRING: MASSAGE THERAPISTS
A Much Kneaded Massage is looking for massage therapists of any experience level to work in our new massage clinic. Our company offers different levels of services to clients based on the ability of the therapist, which means we welcome experienced and novice massage therapists alike. We specialize in therapeutic massages and are seeking part-time massage therapists that are comfortable working in a more clinical setting. We provide on-site training, so no experience with therapeutic/medical massage is required.
We will consider qualified candidates beginning their career in massage therapy that possess the right qualities to be a part of our team, as well as demonstrate an understanding of, and enthusiasm for, therapeutic massage.
Pay starts at $20 an hour and increases depending on experience and education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Although tasks may vary, massage therapists are typically expected to:
- Provide therapeutic massage through a variety of modalities (learned during on-site training), which may include Swedish, deep-tissue, prenatal, postnatal, sports massage, and trigger point modalities.
- Desire and willingness to be trained in additional massage services, such as cupping therapy, post-surgery recovery, and post traumatic injury recovery
- Provide full duration of 30-, 60-, or 90-minute massages to clients by appointment
- Guide clients through offered services and accurately determine which massages would benefit them most
- Take a detailed client history and note any health conditions
- Listen to clients during appointments and adjust technique as they desire
- Comply with company policies, procedures, practices and business ethics guidelines.
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform all physical demands of the job, including standing for long periods of time (variable per day) and being able to bend, stoop, squat, and stretch to fulfill room resetting tasks and all massage service protocols.
- Communicate and interact with clients on behalf of A Much Kneaded Massage in a respectful and professional manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Certification from a massage therapy education program in the United States
- Ability to obtain California Massage Therapy Counsel (CAMTC) certificate within the first 90 days of employment
- Ability to work in a clinical setting
- No experience with therapeutic/medical massage required (Necessary massage techniques taught on site)
- On-site therapeutic/medical massage training
- Paid down-time
- Growth potential
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Paid CEU
- Not required to work on holidays
If you are interested in applying for the Massage Therapist position at A Much Kneaded Massage, please email email@example.com with your full name, phone number, and resume.